Wednesday, June 9, 2010

His light will shine when all else fades...

Hola!

We are already halfway through another week! This week has been kind of slow, but I will share anyways. This week I have set two goals for myself, not to eat McDonalds and Thiones (best icecream ever) because I ate enough of the two last week to cover me for a while. Anyways...this week campus has been really slow. Because it is getting colder many students are not out and about so we have to walk around a lot to find english speakers and people that will just take the time to talk to us. Monday was a slow day, we had prayer that morning and then headed to campus. We talked to a few people, but didn't really get into any great conversations. English club went well that night though so that is always a plus. Tuesday on campus was really good. We ran into 3 girls that we had met about 2 weeks ago that we had been trying to get up with and we set up a lunch date with them for tomorrow, so be praying for that! We also saw Yanina, the girl I mentioned in my last blog post, on campus and she actually asked us to lunch which was exciting, so we will also be hanging out with her tomorrow, so be praying for that also! Tuesday night we had womens night/Bible study. For womens night we all went shopping. I bought an Argentina t-shirt and I bought a fleece coat...yeah and I am able to wear it here because it is COLD! For Bible study we went to a restaurant called Casa Blanca (which was AMAZING) and had study over dinner. Campus today was another slow day, however, we did run into a lot of english speakers and invited them to english club. Hopefully they will come to english club and we will be able to get into a good conversation there! Tonight is our free night, so 4 of us went to Casa Blanca, yes it was good enough to go two nights in a row, and it was good. So that sums up the past 3 days and i'm not sure when I will be writing again because we are going on a mid-project trip to a ranch about an hour away on Sunday and staying until Monday. I am SO excited to see the country-side of Argentina and to breathe in some fresh air! So until then please continue praying for our team and the students we are working with.

Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment